FOH - get some now
Taking notes 1, 2, 3, 4
Science for GIS Users basic knowledge all GIS users should have..
Rough lecture outlines
- Week 1 (classes 18/20 Sept) No classes first day
- Week 2 (25/27)
- Week 3 (2/4 October).
- Week 4 (9/11): Book report due on Friday, 12 October.
- Week 5 (16/18) ). 18 October: last day to withdraw, 50% refund.
- Week 6 (23/25) Midterm 25 October!
- Week 7 (30/1 November) 2 November- uncontested withdraw deadline).
- Week 8 (6/8).
- Week 9 (13/15)
- Week 10 (22/24) No class on thursday - Thanksgiving!
- Week 11 (27/29) (and the latest news!)
- Week 12: (Final Exam, 10-12 friday, 7 December)
Required readings Due every Friday, starting on Week 2.
Book report - How to Lie wth Maps. Due Friday, 12 October
Labs: (note - Unless otherwise stated, all labs are due as follows: Tuesday labs are due Friday by 5:00; Thursday labs are due the next Wednesday by 5:00. Hand in at the mailboxy thing outside my office door). Be sure all labs/readings are stapled together (but not labs to readings, or multiple labs together, etc). And make sure your name is legible. Seriously, never annoy the person who is about to grade your work right before they do so.
- Lab 1: Topo maps 1 (3 pts)
- Lab 2: Topo maps 2 (3 pts).
- Lab 3: Topo maps 3 (3 points)
- Lab 4: Intro to Google Earth. Avian Flu file HERE. Make sure your answers are typed and clearly distinct from the lab (different font, bold, color, yada, yada). Make it easy on your poor, old, blind professor - but not annoying. 3 points.
- Lab 5: More bearing/distance stuff within GE. And isolines. 3 points.
- lab 6: Gregory's Journal. 4 points.
- Sample map questions and answers. Stuff to help you study.
- Lab 7: A very basic intro to ArcGIS Pro. 2 points.
- Lab 8. Round 2 of intro to ArcGIS Pro. 2 points.
- Lab 9: Tissot's indicatrix - a review of projections. From Sterling. (3 points)
- Lab 10: Campus map (3 points).
- Lab 11: Labeling
- Lab 12: classification. 5 points.
- Lab 12b: Classification 2. 4 points.
- Lab 13: Graduated circles and multivariate mapping
- Lab 14: Map critique
- Lab 15: Intro to Story Maps. Due by noon on wed of finals week. 3 points.
Tutorial Datasets will be located on the GIS Lab Server - Download them
as needed to your flash drive. NEVER work on them from the server.
Some cool links: