- Computers: definition and uses
- Classes of Computers
- Computer Hardware
- Data storage: bits, bytes, kilobytes, megabytes,
- ASCII vs binary
- Graphics pixels, dpi, color depth.
- Software: OS, applications, programming.
- Files: definition, naming, extensions, management,
- Graphics file formats and file compression.
- Viruses and computer security
- A very brief history of computing
- Very basic statistics
- The core
rules of Netiquette. Also, visitt wikipedia's
site - which includes links to many other pages.
I also highly suggest you purchase and read the below text. 95%+ of the
material in this course is in this book - along with a lot of other good
material. Anyone working in IT should be at least familiar with everything
in the book.
- Beekman, George, 2005, Computer Confluence: Exploring Tomorrow's
Technology. 7th Edition, Prentice Hall. (the earlier versions provide
good info too! Certainly the 5th edition or more recent. (update: name
change to "Tomorrow's Technology and You" (8th Edition), 2007.)