OK - to give you a little example regarding calculation times:
- The RUSLE_PC code was used on 11 DEMs which covered the entire state of
Oregon (broken into 11 major watersheds) at 30 meter resolution.
- Eleven PIII 1GHz computers with 245 MB RAM and 40 GB harddrives were used.
- Calculation times ranged from 68 hours to about 300 hours and totalled about
- As examples:
- DEM1: 3871 x 4360 pixels: ~68 hours
- DEM2: 4628 x 6819 pixels: ~106 hours
- DEM3: 8390 x 4807 pixels: ~225 hours
- DEM4: 8475 x 7114 pixels: ~312 hours
Yep - these calculations take awhile......
NOTE: Version three runs considerably faster - but I don't have any times to